Saturday, May 18, 2019

Week 96

Hey Mom! 
My week was really good! For the 4th of July we we had a ward breakfast and then a member had us over for a cookout for lunch & then for dinner a member had us over for some carne asada and then we went to another members house for fireworks. President allowed us to be out till 10:30pm that night so we had a lot of fun watching fireworks. The firework show wasn’t anything compared to the griffins shows but it was still pretty good. Then for my birthday we went to a buffet for lunch and that was about it. I did get the package thanks!
This week we met a guy named Jeff. We actually met him last Monday at Walmart. He asked us if we were LDS and we said yes and then he was like cool I was thinking about  coming to that church & learning about it. But then he just kinda stopped the conversation & kept working (he worked a Walmart) but then I was like hey well all we do is talk to people and help them learn about the church. And so we got his number and we have been teaching him this whole week. He is awesome and loves that we have a prophet on the earth. He has been keeping his commitments too. At Walmart he worked sundays so he couldn’t come to church but then the day we met him in Walmart he got a different job offer at a place that he didn’t have to work weekends so this next Sunday his is coming. Oh he also wants to get baptized so
that’s awesome! He has quite the past on him and had just moved to Salina a couple months ago to look for change in his life.
Right now I’m in Wichita we had exchanges so I’m going to go make some visits to mis amigos in Kellogg. Because today is our pday.
Dad says you are taking good care of him so good job! That would of been cool to go to Elders watts homecoming he is awesome! But dads important. But that’s what’s going on with me!
It’s so weird to think I have one month left. It doesn’t feel to real yet though. It honestly probably won’t until I get to Utah. Haha. Love ya!

Elder Skylar Johnson



 Salina District w/ great bend elders


After lunch on my Birthday!


I planted this sunflower from a little seed in a cup one of my last weeks in liberal then I brought it to Salina and now it’s huge!




No comments:

Post a Comment