Monday, January 30, 2017

Missionary Work 2.0

So I had an awesome week this week. Tuesday we had exchanges and I got to go to Concordia for the day with Elder Folwell. When we first arrived we went to visit one of their investigators, he tells me that the investigators husband (Jamie) speaks only Spanish. When we get there the only one home is Jamie. He invited us in and said that we could talk to him. Well Elder Folwell is and English missionary. We sat down and we talked with him about the restoration and the Book of Mormon he seemed to understand me for the most part. And I struggled understanding him because he spoke 'old man' Spanish (which is mumbled quiet and unclear) but thanks to the gift of tounges we were able to have a solid lesson with him. It was really cool. And before I left Salina I felt prompted to put a restoration pamphlet in my coat pocket. During the lesson I took out the pamphlet to show him the picture of the first vision and he said, "can I have that?" It was a cool experience. Then Wednesday there was a worldwide missionary broadcast that was awesome! They made a big change to missionary work. They changed our mission schedule which is awesome. Before every morning was set at 8:00 personal study 9:00 comp study and so on. Now they let us have our studies and meals at anytime of the day pretty much. And then they changed our weekly key indicators.
Also this week we had an MLC that was awesome. Elder Colemere and I got to go because they invited some of the district leaders to come. Brother Donaldson who was the mission president in District 2 (if any of you know what that is) came and taught us a ton! We also are changing a lot of stuff in our mission. We can now use skype to teach. And we are going to get facebook. They are coming out with the District 3 videos. They are also changing a ton of other things too. It's such a big change I just call it Missionary Work 2.0. I learned so much this week! 

Such an eventful week!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment