Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 13

Hey guys! 
   These past couple of weeks have just been flying by. Its crazy to think I've been gone for like 3 months now. We had transfers last week and for me not much changed. Same area same companion. The biggest change is that now I have a new district leader. So like mostly everyone who lives in Manhattan is going to collage or they are military. And since a lot of students are home for Thanksgiving, Manhattan is empty especially in the morning because most of the military people are on base at fort Riley. It's really weird to see the town go from super busy roads and people everywhere to emptiness. And Saturday there was a football or basketball game and so everyone was at the game or watching it on tv. Even more empty. We would try to go see people and they would answer their door and tell us to leave because they were watching a K-State game. A little harder to find people haha. 
   The weather is weird because some days
it's hot and other days it's super cold. I got the packages! Thank you! Those earmuffs are magical. It's cold on bikes but all the winter 
stuff is making it good.     
   So yesterday was awesome. We had a zone conference in Topeka with Elder Wilford W. Anderson of the Seventy and he is so awesome. I learned so much from him. He talked a lot about the missionary purpose and the doctrine of Christ. He then also had a 2 hour Q&A. This is something awesome he said. "If you want to be fluent in the language of the spirit learn how to be reverent...The Spirit is what gives us desire. Testify to bring in spirit to change the desire of investigators" and it's true when you have spiritual experiences its motivates you to do good. And he said investigators but it's the same for everyone else. I have been learning so much these past couple of months and it's awesome. My testimony has grown so much. As missionaries we bear testimony all the time. And before the mission I wouldn't bear my testimony very much. But I've learned that the more you share your testimony the more it grows. The church is true! 
   I Don't have any pics :( hopefully they will send me the pic we took at zone conference with Elder Anderson
Elder Johnson 

Zone Conference with Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment