Monday, October 10, 2016

Hello From Manhattan Kansas!

We are so happy to get our Elder's first email from the mission field. He lives close to Kansas State University and is in a basement apartment. He said that the ward members are really cool and is looking forward to getting to know them better.

Hey Everybody-
So this last week has been awesome! Monday I said goodbye to my district and teachers (I have a lot of pictures I'll try to send those later) 
Tuesday I left the MTC to Kansas and when we arrived we went straight to the mission office and ate lots of good food. After the meal they had missionaries come in to go on splits for a couple hours. They told us that I had three hours to invite two people to baptism and my companion as well. So four total. I thought they would have us place a Book of Mormon or two but invite people to be baptized is a little more tough. So I was really scared to go right to work and invite people. But nevertheless I went forth. And that was a super awesome experience. So we went around and talked to a bunch of new people and we met our goal just in time! It was awesome to teach people that have never heard of the LDS church. We didn't get anyone on date but most of them said that they would read and pray about the Book of Mormon. The mission president and his wife are really cool. I'm living in a basement of some old couples house. Wednesday I met my new companion and found out where I'm serving. So my trainer is Elder Flores he is from Arizona, speaks both Spanish and English, and is awesome. Here is a pic we just took. 
So we are serving in the Manhattan first ward. And we speak English 90% of the time because there isn't many people that only speak Spanish. Although we meet a family from Puerto Rico and they only speak Spanish and seemed really interested we are going to meet with them again tomorrow. And it is awesome here! 
I was told Kansas is flatter then a pancake but here in Manhattan it's a pretty bumpy pancake. There are so many hills everywhere. We got to bike this week so my legs are a little sore haha. But now we get to switch off with the car with other elders in the area so that's good. The members here are really awesome and feed us good.  
Being out in the field is so much better then the MTC. I've been having lots of fun and have been learning so much I have seen so many miracles and I haven't even been out long!
Love, Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment