Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 77 Life in Liberal

Hey everyone! 
My first week in Liberal has been super awesome! Fun fact, Liberal is where Dorothy’s house from the Wizard of Oz is. So when Dorothy tapped her heels together and said there’s no place like home she came to Liberal Kansas. So there are tons of statues of Dorothy everywhere. And even a museum dedicated to the Wizard of Oz. 
 Anyways let me tell you all about the amazing milagros that are happening here! So the Sunday before I came here a guy named Freddy showed up to church. The Elders found out that he wasn’t a member and had been meeting with the missionaries in Las Vegas. This week we have been teaching him and he has a super strong testimony of the church! He was on date to get baptized the 10th of March but we had stake conference that weekend so we told him we could either move it up a week of back a week. He said he was planning on making a trip out to Vegas this week and to move the baptism back. Then Sunday night he texted us and said that he didn’t want to wait any longer to get baptized and that he would postpone his trip so he could get baptized on the 3rd of march! He has his priorities straight for sure! So we have a baptism this weekend! 
 We are also teaching a ton of other people. There is a family of like 10 that we are teaching. Only like 4 of them are super interested as of now but it’s super awesome because they have great desires to learn and get closer to Jesus Christ. And they prefer speaking Spanish! It’s so great to teach in Spanish again. I’m a little rusty due to 4 1/2 months in an English area but it’s coming back. There is a lot of Spanish in liberal so I’m real pumped for that!
 Transfer day I drove from Junction City to Wichita to Guymon Oklahoma then back tract to liberal. So it was a ton of driving and we didn’t get to the apartment till like 10pm
On the bad side I wrecked on my bike Sunday night (we have to share a car so we bike half the time) but the lord provided and I didn’t get hurt at all! Be safe when biking across a railroad crossing at night 😂 ¡Todo bien! 
I got a good amount of pictures this week from saying adios to Junction (I’ll send them in a separate email)
I hope you all are doing well and having a great week!



Elder Skylar Johnson 

 Saying bye to the Johnson’s (we hung out with them on pday)

Saying goodbye to the Carpenters (one of the coolest families in all of Kansas)

 My best friend Tyler & his older brother Lukas


 The Stonerocks



 Elder Riley & I with Brett
 

 Junction City District

The Medinas

A Foggy day in Kansas


No comments:

Post a Comment