Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Big Day!
We woke up early and headed to the airport. We made it there buy 8 am and his plane was scheduled to leave at 10. As we were in line to check his luggage I recognized a missionary mom that I had chatted with on the Wichita Kansas Mission Facebook page and knew that her son (Elder Gubler) was leaving the same day out of Salt Lake. (yes..I stalked her on Facebook:) We talked for a second the boys met and shook hands. We met up with them a bit later and met their kids. 
We said our goodbyes and Skylar and Elder Gubler boarded the plane together.  







Elder Johnson and Elder Gubler

The flight left a little later than normal but he made it to Mexico close to the scheduled time. 
This is what we heard from him when he arrived at the MTC....

"Hey mom! I made it safe and I am doing good! I don't have much time. But I hope you guys are all doing well. Elder Gubler is my companion too which is awesome! My P day is thursdays but i don't get one this week so i'll talk to you then :)"


A few days later I saw this awesome pic that a flight attendant took of the flight. 110 missionaries! We can't see Sky but he's there somewhere:)






No comments:

Post a Comment